If you haven't tried matcha before, I highly recommend it! Its not only delicious, but it has tons of health benefits. Some of which include:
- High antioxidant profile
- Great for energy with the same low amount of caffeine as a green tea (about 24mg-a small coffee is around 120mg)
- Is rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that helps to promote relaxation and reduce racing minds
- Promotes alterness
- Reduces inflammation
I think the key to making a good matcha latte includes a blender. Ive made tons of matcha lattes in different ways, but none of them seem to taste as well or get as frothy as it does when a blender is used to mix the tea.
Here's how to make the perfect matcha latte:
- 1 tsp-tbsp matcha (I love Vital Proteins, Ipodo or DoMatcha
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp coconut butter
Optional: Collagen, cacao powder, maca, bee pollen.
1. Boil your water in a kettle.
2. let the water sit for a little bit before adding it to the blender.
3. Add the matcha and water to the blender and mix for 1 minute minimum.
That's it! I hope you enjoy this easy, nutrient dense cup of goodness