Updated: May 10, 2021
This is my summer salad for a few reasons: Its light, bright and super fresh. This salad is named “Detox Salad” because it truly is one. I always recommend that my clients increase the amount of bitter foods they eat into their diet because they have such incredible benefits. For starters, these help to increase digestion as they stimulate the gall bladder and liver to produce digestive juices. Bitter foods also decrease our bodies desire for sugar; so it helps to keep those sugar cravings low.
Some examples of bitter foods include: Radish, kale, arugula, radicchio, parsnip, beet + beet tops.
Whether you feel like you need a little reset, are going to a dinner party or want to try something new; this salad should hopefully do the trick.
- 2 red or yellow beets, peeled and shaved
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 5 radish, chopped
- ¼ cup radicchio, shaved
- ½ to 1 cup of parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp lime
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Simply add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Transfer to the fridge and allow it to chill for at least one hour.
3. At this point, you can add more citrus or vinegar
4. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days
That’s it! Its super simple and tastes even better the next day. I hope you enjoy this recipe!