Updated: May 11, 2021
Im sure by now, we are all aware of the reasons why we need to drink more water, but lots of us just don’t like the taste of water. Here are some easy ways to increase your water intake and actually enjoy it:
1. You’ve heard this before- add lemon to your h2o! I don’t mean the concentrated ones that you can find in the grocery store, stored in plastic. I mean, real freshly squeezed lemon (I swear this takes less than five seconds!). Lemon water is extremely detoxifying and loving to our livers and blood. Lemon water also helps to stimulate digestion, which makes it a plus to have this before eating!
Just like you add lemon to your water, try lime! They have similar health benefits, but with different citrus' flavours. I love mixing these two up (or having them together) to keep things different.
2. Make it fun. Add in some freshly cut strawberries and mint leaves. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour so that the flavours can really soak in. You’ll want to keep drinking more water after this one! Plus, this mixture is filled with antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties!
3. Add a drop or two of chlorophyll into your water (I recommend Genestra brand). Chlorophyll is a potent green that aids in liver detoxification, helps to balance blood sugar levels and hydrate each and every cell in the body. chlorophyl water also tastes so good with fresh mint!
4. Make a healthy iced tea by adding in your favourite herbal teas into your iced cold water (peppermint, ginger, lemon, chamomile, fennel). You can keep this in the fridge all night. Make sure that you keep the top closed to ensure you also gain all of the benefits that come with that specific herb.
5. Add pure sea salt to your water. This may sound weird, but the minerals found in sea salt are extremely important for hydrating and remineralizing our bodies. We lose minerals all throughout the day, so its important to keep these replenished. Think about the purpose of Gatorade (the electrolytes), without the sugar + other chemicals. I usually add 1 tsp to a full litre of water and notice that I feel a lot more energized after. This also helps to curb your appetite, but don't go too crazy.
Keep track of how much water you drink in one day, and try to aim for one litre more than what you started with!
I hope you guys enjoy these little tips,