For the past three months, I have cut gluten, dairy, sugar and grains out of my diet. It was definitely an adjustment, but I feel amazing and my cravings for those foods have almost fully disappeared.
I created these keto bagels because I have definitely been missing avo or almond butter on toast! It took a few batches until they were perfected, but I am pretty happy with the way they have been turning out.
Here’s how to make them:
1 cup almond flour
1 cup flax meal
1/4 cup shredded sulphite free coconut flakes
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, making sure all of the clumps from the almond flour are softened.
3. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients, except for the blueberries, and mix well. A thick, smooth consistency should form. Add the blueberries in, and gently mix.
4. Oil up your doughnut tray (thats what we'll call it?) with coconut oil and place batter in each. Keep in mind that this dough will rise about an inch.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove, and allow to cool.
6. Store in the freezer for a quick, on the go breakfast!
As I always say with my sugar free recipes, if you aren’t used to eating a very minimal sugar diet (no sugar but fruit), I do highly recommend adding in a little bit of maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar so you can fully enjoy these. If you are strictly keto or on a candida cleanse, keep it simple to this!
One batch makes about 6 bagels! I always make a double batch to freeze for the week.
I hope you guys love this recipe!